Guidelines for Participation for National Senior Campuses, Inc. Directors
1. NSC Board Activities:
- Attend quarterly Board meetings
- Attend Annual Directors Forum
- Participate in teleconferencing as necessary
2. Supporting Activities:
- Serve on NSC Board Committee(s) as requested
- Attend committee meetings and teleconferences in conjunction with committee activities
- Complete work assignments, including meetings with management company staff, community members, outside consultants as necessary
- Participate in reporting to NSC Board
- Assist NSC Advisory Committee Chairs and Chairs Council with specific assignments as requested
- Attend special events such as groundbreakings, Opening Celebration events and community milestones
3. Community Board Activities: (applies only if serving as a director on one or more local boards in addition to NSC, Inc. Board service)
- Serve as board member for one or more communities
- Participate in periodic meetings with Resident Advisory Council
- Participate in periodic meetings with Executive Director and Finance Director
- Attend periodic Town Meetings with residents
- Attend community meetings as requested, fundraisers, groundbreakings, and other special events if possible
- Participate in teleconferencing or meetings on urgent community matters as requested by board or management company staff
4. Continuing Education/Orientation
- Participate in orientation events and read orientation materials for new members
- Periodically check in at NSC website for new info
- Keep up-to-date with relevant industry sources on CCRC’s, eg. Ziegler newsletter and others
- Participate, when appropriate, in continuing education events relevant to NSC, as sponsored by such groups as NACD, Ziegler, Boardsource, Leading Age (formerly AASHA), & others
5. Board Evaluation
- Complete Board evaluation forms annually
- Complete committee(s) and individual director evaluations annually or as appropriate
- Financially contribute consistent with one’s ability to the Benevolent Care Funds through the Directors Fund.
- Attend annual galas of communities when possible
7. Estimated total annual time commitment: 300 – 600 hours
- Travel is required to attend board and committee meetings and the Annual Directors Forum. All expenses associated with board meeting travel, lodging and meals are paid for or reimbursed by NSC, Inc.
- Board members receive an annual retainer in recognition of the time and commitment required to fulfill director participation guidelines.
- Each director is required to maintain a log of the annual time spent on director activities.
- All NSC Directors are appointed to serve a three year term and may be reappointed to serve one or more consecutive three year terms.